This modified recipe is the most preferred by my hubby and friends. The first time, I made lemon cake I don’t think I deviated from the recipe, that last time before this present deviation- I was heavy handed with the lemon juice, which was a hit [pictured in the photo gallery as a Bundt cake]. This time around, I decided to tweak it a little to see if it would still appeal to my hubby and hopefully, friends.
Don’t forget to mise all ingredients before you start
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter (softened @ room temperature)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 7 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice (I used the not so tart small hybrid lemon fruits)
- 1 1/4 Ground Almond Meal/Flour [sifted, ground your almonds if it takes your fancy]
- 6 TBS Dried Tart Cherries (Soaked overnight in Orange Juice)
- Zest of 4 small lemons
- 2 TBS Poppy Seeds
- 1 cup self-rising flours (sifted)
- 1/4 cup and 1TBS granulated sugar
- 1 TBS cherry flavored Orange Juice (OJ was used to soak the cherries overnight)
- 7 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice
- Zest of 3 Lemons
- 1 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar (Icing sugar)
- 3 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice
What you’ll need
What I did:
To make the icing, I added the lemon juice to the sugar and lemon zest in the pan until smooth. I poured the icing gently on the middle of the almost cooled cake from the middle to let it drizzle all around.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.